Keto-diet is a low-carb diet with a high fat content and a moderate amount of proteins. Ketogenic diet today is megapopular, because you can quickly lose weight on such diet. We will share information what a keto-diet is, learn what ketosis is, offer the best options for a weekly menu with a ketogenic diet.
Keto-diet: Types and goals
Keto-diet helps reduce blood sugar, increases the body’s sensitivity to polysaccharid Ilovn. This is exactly what the developers of Keto-diets achieved, who set out to help patients with diabetes throw off excess weight, improve metabolism.
Power with a decrease in carbohydrate consumption launches process ketosis – a condition that develops as a result of carbohydrate starvation of cells. To get energy to the body, there is nothing left to eat with ketone cells, splitting fat and fatty tissues. A similar state of ketosis can be achieved by starvation, only the risk to health in this case will be colossal.
Starting to eat on Keto-Men, it is worth remembering that there are three types of keto-life. The most common and simple – Standard ketot diet. How to eat on a standard keto-diet:
- Healthy Fat -70-80% of the total number of calories consumed;
- protein -20-25% of the total calorie content of the diet;
- carbohydrates should be approximately 5-10% of calories consumed per day.
Cyclic Keto-diet: The menu for a week for women is less strict. You need to eat according to the 5+2 system, namely five days on a standard keto-diet, and two days of light-with an increased percentage of carbohydrates. These days, glycogen reserves are replenished, it is allowed to use 400-500 g of carbohydrates.
Target ketot diet – This is a compromise between standard and cyclic. You will never be hungry, the exhaustion of the body is excluded here. The essence is the increased use of carbohydrates per hour and a half before training. This type of keto-diet is suitable for people with significant physical exertion, for example, athletes.
Ketogenic diet with a high protein content It differs from the standard keto-diet with a percentage of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. So, the BJ formula looks: 35/60/5 instead of 20/70/10.
It is worth noting that it is impossible to switch to a target and even cyclic keto diet. The ideal option is to start with a standard keto-education and gradually switch to another type.
Having decided with the aim, you can study the power plan on Keto-Dita for seven days.
Keto-diet: what is possible and impossible
Keto recipes of dishes for the week are very simple, it is important to observe BJU, Choose useful products. Before you adhere to a ketogenic diet, you should consult with a family doctor, gastroenterologist and professional nutritionist, nutriarch. Remember: health first!
The harm of a ketogenic diet is not equal to the benefit, so the choice always remains only you. Possible side effects of keto-diets: nausea and vomiting, constipation, dizziness and headache, insomnia. With prolonged ketogenic nutrition, kidney stone disease, hypoproteinemia, deficiency of vitamins and minerals can develop.
Food for keto-diet consists in the use of carbohydrates with low glycemic index, which are easily absorbed by the body.
Products allowed for use, carb free:
- meat (beef, lamb, chicken, eggs, pork);
- fish (salmon, mackerel, tuna, sardins, trout, cod);
- oils (creamy, olive, coconut oil and avocado oil);
- coffee Tea.
Products with carbohydrates content 0-5%:
- Seafood: mollusks, shrimp, lobsters;
- vegetables, better green (tomatoes, cauliflower, cucumbers, asparagus);
- cheese (Chedder, Mozarella, cheeses with mold, goat or sheep cheese);
- sour -milk products (sour cream, yogurt).
Products that contain 5-25% carbohydrates:
- 5-10%: broccoli, onions, Brussels cabbage, feces, eggplant, sweet pepper, avocado, olives, strawberries;
- 10-15%: grapefruit, apricot, walnuts;
- 15-25%: almonds, peanuts.
Keto-diet: What can not be consumed:
- cereals and starch -containing products (rice, pasta, potatoes, beets, corn);
- Products and drinks with sugar (juices, lemonade, honey, chocolate);
- vegetable bean crops in the form of grains, beans (peas, beans, soy, lentils) and in the form of green pits (patch beans, peas);
- most fruits, especially for bananas, grapes, pears, apricots, peaches;
- sauces and taste additives with sugar and harmful fats in the composition;
Examples of permitted snacks on Keto-Dita:
- almonds or nuts of macadamia;
- cheese Chedder;
- guacamole with low -carb vegetables;
- Mix of unsweetened coconuts, nuts and seeds;
- hard boiled eggs;
- coconut chips;
- chips from the leaves of salad Kale;
- olives and slices with salami;
- celery and pepper with cream cheese sauce;
- berries with fatty cream;
- meat jerks;
- Parmesan chips;
- Keto Smuy made of coconut milk, cocoa and avocados;
- mousse from avocado and cocoa.
The effectiveness of losing weight on Keto-Dita depends on many factors. When compiling a power plan, they must take into account the level of physical activity, intolerance to certain products. If you are active, playing sports, then the total number of calories consumed per day must be slightly increased for this to the list of products add more protein or carbohydrate -containing dishes.
Ketosis: Signs and manifestations
To understand whether the process of ketosis in the body is launched, it is necessary to figure out how it manifests itself. The most clear sign is the appearance of the smell of acetone or fruit Smell from the mouth. Also:
- The appetite and feeling of hunger disappears;
- At first, a breakdown of strength is felt, but subsequently the body gets used to and the overall tone is restored;
- The blood formula changes – the level of ketone bodies increases (an increased titer will be in the urine);
- The digestive tract is disturbed, thirst for urination appears;
- The weight is reduced.