How to prepare and marin edible mushrooms for the winter.
What mushrooms are suitable for pickling in banks?
- honey agaric
Preparation of mushrooms
Before pickling the mushrooms, you need to prepare them. First, make sure that you have collected only edible views: it is better to check several times than to endanger yourself and your family.
Do not postpone the treatment of mushrooms for a long time, they tend to quickly deteriorate. As soon as they brought fresh mushrooms, rinse them thoroughly from sand and dirt, take away young specimens (you do not need to take rotten, outgrown mushrooms). Sort the “crop” – in one direction of the fox, separately white. Do not mix them during conservation.
Leave the mushrooms in cold salted water (teaspoon per liter) for several hours. Keep in mind that mushrooms with bitterness, for example, pigs, cooles or rows, will need more time for soaking so that an unwanted taste disappears.
Pass the mushrooms with heat treatment before pickling, that is, boil. Adjust the time of boiling, based on the size and type of mushrooms. So, white mushrooms and oils should not be kept over the heat for longer than 30 minutes, for chanterelles the optimal cooking time is 20 minutes, and for the boletus – no more than 15 minutes.
According to the requirements of Rospotrebnadzor, you cannot sell canned, pickled home -made mushrooms in the markets. The ban is due to strict sanitary requirements for product quality: at home there is a risk of processing and preparing mushrooms incorrectly. If you close the bank without providing the necessary conditions for sterilization and storage, then mold will appear in the fungi or disputes of botulism will form. You can pickle to marinate for personal use of forest gifts, but with caution:
- Do not close the mushrooms with sealed iron roofs. For pickling, use polyethylene or glass.
- Follow the proportions of acetic acid and salt.
- Do not forget to wash the banks in advance, as well as sterilize.
- Store pickled mushrooms in the refrigerator.
There are many recipes for cooking mushrooms in the marinade. Choose a method to your taste: hot or cold, with or without sterilization, with piquant spices or traditional seasonings.
Method 1. Traditional with sterilization
- Boil mushrooms with salt.
- Sterilize jars, then put pepper, cloves and other spices to taste.
- Put mushrooms in a jar, pour a decoction.
- Add one tablespoon of vinegar essence to a liter jar, then close the lid, turn over and let the dish cool.
Method 2. Without sterilization
- Boil mushrooms, as in the first method.
- Prepare a marinade in a separate pan. Pour a liter of water, salt, pepper, add sugar, as well as bay leaf, cloves and garlic. Bring to a boil, immediately pour vinegar – two tablespoons.
- Add mushrooms to the marinade, cook for another 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Lay the dish. Close with hot lids, turn over.
- Remove cooled mushrooms in the refrigerator.
Conservation of pickled mushrooms will allow to extend their shelf life up to 12 months. In this case, sterilization of cans is necessary. You can sterilize dishes over pots with boiling water, in the oven and even in the microwave. In this case, the lids need to be boiled for about 5 minutes.
Important! At the time of laying the marinade, banks should be warm.
For safety after filling the marinade in banks, additionally sterilize the workpieces in the water bath:
- Fill the pan with water, heat to 50-70 degrees. Check the fluid level in advance: it must reach the lids of the cans, but not cover them completely.
- As soon as the water begins to boil, put on the bottom cans with marinade, covered with lids.
- Sterilize the blanks for 20-30 minutes.
- After the procedure, close the lids tightly, turn the jars, cover with a towel and leave for a couple of days.
- Ready canned food in the refrigerator.
- Store no more than a year.
By the way, not so long ago we have been published an article where we talked about why mushrooms are so useful and who should include them in the diet. We advise you to read. And you also ask you to share recipes of pickled mushrooms in the comments. We will remember the best!